Friday 28 September 2012

Asking for Advice


I belong to a facebook group for expat women that live in Luxor. I decided to post up a request of advice from anyone who had gone through the visa process.


Some of the comments I received were really very helpful, especially one from a lady who had gone through the visa experience herself, successfully, a couple of years ago.

There are also online forums you can join, or you can just type in visa into the google toolbar and see what pops up. Everyone has a different story to tell, some good and some not so good.  Some positive and some negative.



There is the tale of the much older woman who married her younger Egyptian toy boy, brought him to the UK and he ran off with a younger woman...and the husband who 'changed' as soon as he'd got his British passport and then demanded a divorce. No one wants to think that will happen to them, but I suppose life is all about taking chances, albeit I hope that I won't be one of those with a negative story to tell in the future.



I do believe though that asking advice and going into this kind of thing with your eyes wide open is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment